So far three people have finished badge #1. They are:
Jean She has planned a trip to Austin.
Chris He has planned a trip to Lake Buchanan.
and Me I’ve planned a trip to Dallas
I know of at least three more people who are planning trips. Hopefully they will continue the planning and I’ll be able to post it here. As for the trips above, I just realized that I get to be a part of all three of them. Yay!
Now for badges 2 and 3. I’m putting up two this month because #2 has a much longer time limit. There will not be a badge for December. Too much stuff to do in December.
The general rules:
1. Post a comment to this entry saying that you are going to participate.
2. Record your participation in some way. You may record it on video, take a picture, type it up or some combination of these and make it available for me and other participants to see. If enough people want to take pictures or video, I’ll start a flickr group for us to use. Otherwise, feel free to send it to me and I’ll put it up here or you can write about your participation in a comment.
3. Try to finish by the deadline. (I’m not going to be a stickler to this too much but if you take three months or something then it doesn’t really count, unless the deadline was three months away of course.)
4. Do what the badge requires. Extras are great but not in place of the stated requirements. They aren’t that structured anyways so you’ll have room to be yourself.
Badge #2 – Traveler (This is a long term badge/time consuming badge.)
In order to earn the badge “Traveler” you’ll need to do the following:
1. Take the trip that you planned some time between now and this time next year.
2. Mail the postcards that you made. Mail one to yourself and three to friends or family.
3. Document your trip with photos or video and write about it.
The deadline for this badge is October, 2012.
Badge #3 – Being My Best
In order to earn the badge “Being My Best” you’ll need to do the following:
1. Take a self portrait.
2. List five things that are wonderful about yourself.
3. List two things at which you are talented.
4. Get the names of the other people participating in this badge and send them a compliment in the mail or through e-mail.
5. Make an award for yourself for being great at ___________________ (fill in the blank with whatever suits you) Or for just being great in general.
6. Create a list of 5 goals for the year and 5 goals for next month and make it public.
The deadline for this badge is October 31, 2011.
Post a comment here if you are participating. (Please participate.)